DIY Scalable Ad Network
Mike Arrington asks “Is It Time To Swith Ad Partners?”
HELL YES! Not just “HELL YES!” but think of something far more profane and that is what I meant to say.
Mike, why, in this day and age of falling infrastructure prices would you turn down OpenX.org for your hosted ad platform? [DISCLAIMER: I'm in no way affiliated with OpenX except as a happy customer paying ZIP for their services.]
- Hosted or Open Source. Your choice! (Think “WordPress”)
- FREE up to 100 million impressions per month.
- Text, graphics, Flash… all are acceptable media types.
- Fantastic backend reporting.
- You get to keep 100% of what you kill.
- You’re in control of the CPM, CPA, whatever model you pick.
- You’re in control of the inventory and how it’s displayed and to who.
Yes, you have to pay a sales force to close the deals. And the problem with that is…?
As a startup I’m tasked with evaluating options, navigating a dizzying amount of choices and making an educated decision. But, sometimes, an option comes along (like OpenX.org) that just takes all the choices off the table with such a compelling value proposition.
Now, for those of you with a little less traffic than TechCrunch… Can you think of a better solution for YOUR company to create it’s own DIY ad network? For the life of me… I can’t.Explore posts in the same categories: Apple