Leopard And When To Buy…
Great comment a moment ago… When should I buy my MacBook? Before of after Leopard?
From my own point of view I’d buy when I needed to. If I needed that MacBook RFN… I’d go out and get the best, baddest I could immediately. From a practical point of view if you can wait there will be some bennies:
- Who knows when or if Apple will have a grace period for those who purchase Macs leading up to/after Leopard’s launch? They’ve done this in the past. Reasonable to think they’d do it again. Otherwise, you might risk buying gear now only to turn around and find yourself upgrading OS within a month at your own cost;
- The local CompUSA had a mess on their hands the night Tiger launched (this was before we had an Apple Store in Tulsa). The poor guy was imaging and installing like a mad man. It created a big headache for all involved. So, I’d say, wait until you KNOW Leopard is factory installed on the gear you’re buying;
- Finally, Leopard’s awesome if the seeds are any indicator. I’d rather not run Tiger and then have to migrate from 10.4 to 10.5. I did that once just to see what pain was involved. I’d rather start fresh and build on top of that.
My $.02Explore posts in the same categories: 9A559, leopard comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.