Please, consider adding the gwhiz blog to your RSS feed reading. Thanks!
A month and one day from now is
Tomorrow’s the big opening day at NAB 2007 and it’s surprisingly quite surrounding the event. Which doesn’t mean anything other than it’s NOTICEABLY quite before NAB. Google’s Dr. Schmidt will be headlining. Which ought to be interesting in and of itself due to the Viacom lawsuit against YouTube. Doubt he’ll have much to say other than what we’ve already heard come out of their circled wagons.
But, isn’t it interesting Dr. Schmidt will be there (he’s on the Apple Board of Directors in addition to heading up the Googleplex)… I’m betting Apple will be there announcing things. LOTS of things.
So, let’s play a little happy-happy, joy-joy. Shall we? [EDITED 4/11/7]
- Apple’s big media guns are maybe working on an 8-core bad boy. That’s NAB worthy. ANNOUNCED AND SHIPPING!
- Apple TV’s supposed to be released mid-March… Technically, March 2 is “mid-march”. But, March 14 is far more “mid-March-ish”. Dontcha think? ANNOUNCED AND SHIPPING!
- Final Cut Studio Pro is due for a nudge up the version chain… Good NAB material.
- Finally, 10.4.9 was just released with a QuickTime and iTunes update the week prior. And while I haven’t exactly peeked, poked and prodded for a new Apple TV plist… I’m betting it’s in there somewhere lurking to be found. (I’ll post more should I find anything). ANNOUNCED AND SHIPPING!
- [EDIT: ??? Wonder if the Apple Corp Beatle’s Collection would be suitable fare for an NAB announce…. waiting and waiting… Now, in light of my obvious overly excited state of wanting something, ANYTHING new to come out of Cupertino… I’m hopeful Apple might actually introduce the Beatle’s collection on APRIL 14th to the tune of “Tax Man”. Back to my gibbering and calendar confusion.]
So, for lack of anything definitively “new” there’s rumors of a QuickTime API coming soon (Leopard or later) and some “core” tie-in’s. QuickTime needs some new juice. DivX is kicking their butts hard.
There’s also the “secret features” of Leopard lurking out there somewhere and I’m jonesing hard for some Bittorrent announcement telling of the much anticipated integration with 10.5. That would just so totally blow the industry away at NAB. Noodle that for a bit… don’tcha think?